Friday, April 16, 2021

Isolation Friday - April Skies

It's Friday, yay!! And how do you like that, for the first time in a very long time, I have posted 4 times in a week.  Go me! This is a quickie because I've had a bonkers week and I'm a bit fried to be honest. April is always busy for most folks I know. This year it's felt particularly crazy for me. Add on top of that, all of the anxiety we're all experiencing about being locked down and "variants of concern" and well, I'm not at my best at the moment. I'm not at my worst either, I'm just feeling like a nap would be a very good thing to have right now.

I heard this song on the radio recently and it made me smile. I hadn't listened to it in a long long time. The Jesus and Mary Chain's stuff is truly timeless. Because this made me so happy to hear, I thought I'd share it because it's still April and during this stay at home order, looking up at the sky is still allowed! Also, I should tell you that this was released on their 1987 album Darklands.

Happy weekend kids, stay safe xo

Baby baby I just can't see
Just what you mean to me
I take my aim and I fake my words
I'm just your long time curse
And if you walk away
I can't take it

No comments: