Thursday, April 04, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Gloomy Monday

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was talking to my brother on the weekend briefly and the topic of our brief chat was (and usually is) music.  He wanted to let me know that I should check out a Toronto band called The Pinecones.  His advice is always bang on so I went over to bandcamp and found their page.  I feel like I'm a bit late to the Pinecones party because they have been around for a while and I only just heard about them on the weekend but sometimes that's not a bad thing at all.  I'm pretty happy to have been turned on to them at all.  Now, I can't tell if they are still actually a going concern.  Their last bandcamp release was from 2014 and their facebook page hasn't been updated since 2017.

It really doesn't matter to me. I enjoyed what I heard, a lot.  It's fun, jangly pop music and, because it's Thursday (and the Pinecones are a fine Canadian combo), I'm going to share one of their songs with you today.  Actually, there is a video too, the song is called "Gloomy Monday" and it's pretty sweet and stars a class of 6th graders.  I hope you enjoy it.  Happy Cancon Thursday kittens xo


No comments: