Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - One of These Days

So it's Wednesday, somehow, no idea how, we've made it to the middle of the week.

Before I get into my Way Back Wednesday song, I'd like to take a moment to say Happy Birthday to one of the very best men I know, my dad.  If you'd like to know how old he is today, well I'm not going to say but know this, he shares the day of his birth with Ms Barbra Streisand.  Happy Birthday Dad, I hope that you have a great day today.  There is no way that I can ever thank you enough for everything you do for me but I  hope you know how much you're appreciated.  We are all so glad that you are here for oh so many reasons not the least of which is because without you, Patrick and I wouldn't be here either!! Love you dad!!

Now...onto Way Back Wednesday.  This week I'm sharing a song by Pink Floyd.  It's an instrumental (for the most part) and it sort of fits my mood today. I'll not elaborate, you can listen to the song and figure it out.  I don't think I've shared a song by the Floyd since I started these posts so I guess it's about time.  I'm sharing "One of These Days" with you.  It's from their 1971 album Meddle and this version is taken from their concert film "Live at Pompeii."



Oh, because this also fits my mood and I didn't really want to have to pick just one, as an added birthday bonus, on this Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing a second clip from Live at Pompeii, "Careful With That Axe Eugene," from 1969's Ummagumma. Enjoy xo


No comments: