Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - I've Got to See you Tonight

So, it's Way Back Wednesday again.

I guess my base criteria for a song to qualify for Way Back Wednesday is that it be at least 20 years old.  Today's song is a bit older than that.  I have no idea when exactly I first heard this song but I know that before I'd heard it, I had no clue who Timmy Thomas was.  That's right, I'm sharing a Timmy Thomas song today.

"I've got to see you tonight" is a really groovy, sexy tune.  It was released in1974 on the album, "You're the Song I've Always Wanted to Sing"  While "I've got to see you tonight" definitely has a 70's funky sound, it's also pretty timeless.  It's one of those songs that you could add to a playlist and no one would cringe or raise an eyebrow to hear it thrown into the mix.

You can judge for yourself, give it a listen and let me know if it's something you'd add into your regular rotation.

Happy Hump Day kiddos xo



No comments: