Thursday, April 18, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Reunion

Stars.

They shine brightly in the sky AND they make some just really awesome music.

Set Yourself on FireA while ago, I guess about 15 years ago now (yikes), they released the amazing album "Set Yourself on Fire."  It's probably one of my favourite albums of the 00's. I can't think of one song on the album that I don't like. I love the way each song tells a story, the lyrics are really vivid and the songs are all beautifully constructed.  I lost count a long time ago of how many times I've listened to it.

I'm sharing the song Reunion from "Set Yourself on Fire" today for Cancon Thursday.  Unfortunately, the resolution on the video is not great but the sound is.  I think we've all had a moment like the ones described in the song... wanting to go back in time and have a do-over with someone you were crushing on... you can't go back though, that's my experience anyway, and no matter how you try to recreate whatever the scenario was  that you messed up, it happened and can't be undone.

So check out Reunion and if you like it, go give the rest of album a listen.  It's got a timeless quality that I like and again, super solid songs.  It's a five-star winner in my books.  Hope you enjoy it.  Happy Thursday kiddos xo

I'm back in gym and it's the same
As my name tag floats away
I had six too many drinks last night, yes
And that's why I made you stay
Plus I always wanted you
You liked to rock it in your car
You said you didn't understand me
Because I always tried to see too far


No comments: