Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Lonely Days

Good morning from the fog zone.

I actually like foggy mornings like this, I just heard the fog horn and whenever I hear that, it makes me feel like I live somewhere more interesting than Kingston.

So, today, it's Wednesday.  On Wednesdays, I go "way back" and find an older song to share with you.  Today's song is newer than some of the songs I've shared recently but it's still over 20 years old.

Memories of LoveI'm sharing "Lonely Days" by Future Bible Heroes today.  For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Future Bible Heroes, they are a super awesome indie pop group led by the fantastic Stephin Merritt (The Magnetic Fields).

When I heard "Lonely Days" for the first time, back in 1997, it reminded me of an old favourite song from high school, "Souvenir" by OMD.  It's from the album Memories of Love which features such other gems as "Death Opened a Boutique" and "But You're So Beautiful."  Funny (to me) story, I was record shopping in Nashville and found the Future Bible Heroes filed in the christian music section of the shop.  I laughed out loud when I saw that.

I hope you enjoy this live from KEXP version of "Lonely Days." It was recorded during the summer of 2013. 

Happy Hump day kittens xo



No comments: