Thursday, April 11, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Bad Time to Be Poor

The more I hear about the shenanigans (I'm being extremely polite here) that the Ford government are getting up to, the sadder and angrier I get.  It's feeling a lot like it did when the Harris folks were in charge.  Over the last few months, every once in a while, the song I'm sharing with you today pops into my head.

Now, there is never ever a good time to be poor but during the Harris government days and right now, in Ontario, it's definitely a bad time to be poor.  Today, for Cancon Thursday, I'm sharing "Bad Time To Be Poor" by The Rheostatics from their album "The Blue Hy
steria." The song is as relevant today as it was when it was originally released back in 1996.

I'm sure that better days are coming for folk in Ontario but some days, it's hard to focus on that when getting by, day to day, is so tough.

It is a bad time to be poor
'Cause we don't give a shit no more
If you want to go for help, don't look next door
The line's been drawn and staked outside


No comments: