Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Friends of Mine

Sometimes, if you're really very lucky, a super awesome fun song will get stuck in your head.

Ear worms are not often songs you actually like.  This week, I lucked out and an awesome song got stuck in my head for days and days.

The song I'm talking about was recorded the year I was born (so it's super ancient and definitely qualifies for "way back" status and released the following spring.  Always a sucker for songs with lists, "Friends of Mine" by the Zombies is an old favourite of mine.  I was chatting with my brother about it on the weekend and he shared a "fun fact" about the song with me, apparently all of the couples mentioned in the list of friends were no longer couples by the mid-1970's.  Not surprising I suppose but still a little sad.  "Friends of Mine" was recorded for the 1968 album Odessey and Oracle.  In my opinion, it's an awesome album.  It's one of those timeless records which you can revisit time and time again and always find something interesting and cool in it.  If you like this live version of "Friends of Mine," please go check out the rest of Odessey and Oracle.  I think you'll love it!!

Happy hump day kittens xo


No comments: