Friday, April 26, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Protection

Friday.

Thank Goodness, or Garfield or Google, thank something it's finally Friday.

It's been quite a week.  For some folks I know it was a short week, for me it was not, it was a regular week but there was a lot of stuff going on and I'd be lying if I said that my head wasn't just a bit full at the moment.

Lucinda Williams - Where the Spirit Meets The BoneAs you know, on Fridays, I just share songs I like because I like them.  Today's song is by Lucinda Williams.  I love Lucinda Williams, to say she's an incredibly talented song writer and performer would be a gigantic understatement.  She is both of those things but she's also got a quality about her, don't know if it's her voice or the way she writes but Ms Williams has a magical quality that just draws you into her music and won't let you go.


So the song I'm sharing today is called "Protection" and the video for it is striking. The song is from her 2014 album "Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone."  The song is about having the strength to fight against all of the stuff in the world that conspires to defeat us.  The woman in the song has a spirit which is stronger than those things though and she won't allow herself to be held down by evil forces.  The video tells the story of a woman who is a victim of domestic abuse.  It's a great song, the video is powerful.  I hope you enjoy them both. 

Happy weekend kiddos xo

Livin' in a world full of endless troubles
Livin' in a world where darkness doubles
But my burden is lifted when I stand up
And use the gift I was given for not givin' up

No comments: