Saturday, June 09, 2007

recycling or yard waste?


recycling or yard waste?
Originally uploaded by Julep67
today was literally a perfect summer day, and it's not even summer yet. not offically anyway.

I woke up this morning with a head full of allergies and actually had quite a bad headache. eventually I got myself together though and we went out and did some errands. the errands were of the drop stuff off at the municipal compost heap and go to the garden centre variety. I planted flowers last weekend and this weekend Mark is planting veggies. We needed some dirt and peat moss and some extra patio stones (for the pool area, not for the veggie garden). We actually got a great deal on everything we needed for the yard at a large, Canadian hardware chain store, much to the surprise of both of us.

After the work was done, we did some floating in the pool. I love floating in the pool. We have discovered that our little water bottles (the ones that are similar to nalgene but are not) can hold a whole bunch of ice and a "cooler" beverage. They make the perfect little cocktail for pool floating. nice!

Of course, now, headache + medicine + errands + sunshine + water + vodka = really sleepy me...and it's only early. I'll get my second wind yet, I'm sure.

yay for sunny weekend, so far, this one is excellent!

No comments: