Sunday, June 10, 2007

too much of a good thing


apres sheep
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I definitely got too much sun yesterday.

Last night, it had cooled off a bit so we had left the A/C off (it had been off all day) when we went to bed. I think I had a bit of a sunburn and was generally zapped by the sun because I could not fall asleep for more than 15 minutes at a time. I couldn't get comfortable and there was no breeze so the house was quite still and I was really overly warm.

Eventually, at around 2 a.m., I got up and closed the windows (in the dark!) and turned the A/C back on. Eventually, I was able to fall asleep but I had really bizarre dreams. I was up again at 4 a.m. and then again at 6 a.m. and finally, I got up around 7 a.m. Not the most restful night on record, that's for sure. We cancelled our plans for today and stayed home. I'm really glad we did too because my stomach was upset, on top of all of that. Again, I blame the sun.

Right now, I'm anxiously waiting for the last episode of the Sopranos to start. We had fallen behind a few episodes but got all caught up over the weekend (thank you DVR). It's been such an excellent show over the year, absolutely one of our favourites. It'll be tough to say good-bye but I'm sure that Mr Chace and company will not disappoint us.

No comments: