Monday, November 07, 2005

weird weather


after the storm - spooky sunset
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
Now, I know that we did not have anything nearly as bad as what those poor folks down in Indiana saw over the weekend but we definitely had some weather weirdness yesterday.

Our Sundays have a bit of a newish routine to them now. We get up in a lazy-ish fashion (meaning we don't set the alarm) and then grab coffees at Tim's and head over to see Joe. We stay and visit for as long as the coffee lasts. By the time the coffee's gone, he's usually ready for us to leave anyway. After we leave Joe, we go and finish off any errands we need to do. Yesterday, while we were out erranding, we realized that the temperature was 20 degrees, in November. Hello?? Tell me again Mr Bush, how there is no such thing as global warming... anyway, by the time we got home, we were roasting. Mark and I opened up windows and a lovely breeze was blowing through the house. We settled down for some lunch and, about half-way through our meal, realized that it was dark outside, we needed lights on in the living room. Yikes.

I don't know how many different storms rolled through town yesterday. It seemed like one would just finish and another would start up. This went all all through the night last night too. The way the wind howled kept me awake for most of the night. In the rain, I kept running outside and snapping pictures. The sky was really bizarre and I didn't come close to capturing it. What I did get was some neat shots of a huge-ass rainbow. I could see the whole arc of it (although I couldn't get it into a single camera shot). I was able to get a little video of it though, which is pretty neat. I gotta say, given what we saw of it on the edge, I can't imagine what it must be like to be in the middle of a storm like that.

No comments: