Thursday, November 24, 2005

marshmallow world


marshmallow world
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
This morning, I was awake before the alarm went off. The first thing I did was sit up and open the curtains, I could tell it had snowed through the night but it didn't look like much (even though I didn't have my glasses on).

When I got up and started moving around, I could see that we had just had a light dusting of snow. It was enough that even at 4:45 a.m., it seemed bright outside and it was quite pretty, I must admit.

By the time I was getting ready to leave the house, it had started snowing again and the roads were completely covered. I'm not sure how much of it will actually accumulate today but the roads are horrible. In good old Kingston fashion, there are no plows out and you can tell that no sanders have been out either. It's a slimey mess that's getting worse by the minute.

I worry about Mark on days like this. He's an extremely good driver but still, having to be out in the storm, with all the idiots who freak out and forget how to drive the first time we have a snowfall is hard on the nerves. Hopefully, the sun will pop out later this morning and it'll be melted by lunchtime!!

No comments: