Saturday, November 05, 2005

bright-eyed and hiccup-y

Just recently, I have not had many opportunities to sleep in. This morning was one of the few mornings, in a long long time, that I could have slept in. Unfortunately, I'm awake right now. My body just doesn't understand that I'm not working today and that I could have slept for at least another hour. Also, until just a moment ago, I had the hiccups. I'm not sure that this is important, it' just something that happened.

This morning I'm going to a memorial service for a friend's father. He died last Saturday after a 6 month battle with cancer. He was a heck of a nice guy and I expect that there will be a huge crowd. Both he and his wife come from very large families, lots of brothers and sisters, many nieces and nephews, grandkids. As much as I just hate going to things like this, I know that the service will be really nice, knowing his kids like I do, I know it will truly celebrate his life. Even still, things like this are always sad and hard to deal with. You'd think that the older you get, and the more of them you go to, they'd get easier but they don't. Wonder why that it is.

Anyway, I suppose, if I was smart, I'd take advantage of the fact that I'm up early, go do some laundry or something. Of course, I'm not smart and there is an old repeat of Law & Order on right now, one I particularly like and have only seen once before so....yeah, no laundry, not yet anyway.

No comments: