Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Wednesday Whatevers

1. What noise bothers you the most?

It's actually someone's voice. There is a person I know and basically, she's a very sweet person but she likes to say every thought she has, every second that she has it, out loud. Her voice is worse than nails on a chalk board and it just sends me around the bend. To add insult to injury, she's got a very very loud voice. I half suspect that she may have a mild hearing loss and that is why she is so loud all of the time. It's really irritating and it causes me to hit the ibuprofen on a regular basis.

2. Which emotions seem to take the best of you?

They all have their moments. Just this morning I was sobbing at my computer as I wrote a letter of sympathy to the widow of one of my volunteers. I work with lots of elderly people and I'm usually a little more "hard hearted" about things like this but this particular gentleman was just lovely and I'd been working quite closely with him since 2001. I try not to give any of my energy to things like hate and jealousy because I think that life is too short to have it eaten up with negative feelings. Having said that, I'm not always successful but I do try.

3. What do you take pride in the most?

I always chuckle when I see "take pride" because it reminds of the welcome sign in Weehauken, NJ. It says, "Welcome to Weehauken, we take pride." I always wonder where they got it, who did they take it from...

No comments: