Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I've been fighting a headcold so hard, for so long now that I feel as if I should be wearing boxing gloves. I think it's working though because I haven't given in and gotten sick yet. This is pretty remarkable considering the number of people I'm around every day who are coughing their lungs up.

Things at work are starting to get into an even keel again. I'm pretty happy about this as the pace has been pretty insane recently. I'm evening hiring some casual help to give me a hand over the next couple of weeks. Just knowing that I'll be getting some help has made things more manageable.

I had a good chat this morning with a colleague who is more "in the know" about things than I am. It was really helpful. I must admit that I am pretty worried about the impending workload. At the present, I have a really heavy workload but I love the work and enjoy it so it isn't too bad. In my new job though, I'll be having to learn about many new things and I am not certain that I'll be able to juggle everything. Right now, I know how to maintain the balance in my current position. Fear of the unknown is, I guess, what's plaguing me at the moment.

For the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to the return of the warmer weather. I think it'll make me feel better about many things, work included. Just knowing that spring is just around the corner isn't cutting it at the moment. I want to feel some warm sunshine on my face and see green grass. My mind needs it and so does my heart.

No comments: