Sunday, March 28, 2004

cold update

We're both still coughing and sneezing a fair bit but overall, we're both much better today than we were yesterday. I am finding though, as I do whenever I'm getting over a cold, that I'm easily winded right now. If I try to do too much, I am short of breath and then the coughing starts. All I really managed to get done today was some laundry and cleaning out the fridge. I also squeezed in a great (albeit too short) nap this afternoon. I forced myself to get up after an hour or so because I was afraid of not being able to fall asleep tonight. I doubt very much that it's going to be a big problem now as I'm feeling quite sleepy at the moment.

Other than the head cold thing, it's looking like we might be able to get into our yard work next weekend if the weather stays nice. The yard is starting to dry up nicely although the forecast is calling for rain this week. If we don't get to it this coming weekend, hopefully we'll be able to start raking over easter weekend. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with our flower beds this year. Last year I concentrated mostly on my perennials and I'll probably do that again this year. I'm trying to add one or two new things each year. Last year I kept things pretty simple and the yard looked nice. It also helped that we had a lot of rain last summer so things stayed very green.

No comments: