Friday, March 19, 2004

Once again, here's the Friday Five:

If you...

1. ...owned a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?

I did once own a restaurant. Mark and I had a place called Ida's Kitchen (Ida was Mark's mum, she passed away in 1999). We served all day breakfast (all day) and French bistro in the evenings. Mark's a classically trained French chef and the place was very cool. We had it for about a year but the location turned out to be not that great so we cut our losses after 12 months and closed it down. If I had to do all over again, I'd do it the same way but in a different location.

2. ...owned a small store, what kind of merchandise would you sell?

I'd love to own a small record / used book store, maybe we a coffee shoppe attached. I love books and vinyl so it would a good combination.

3. ...wrote a book, what genre would it be?

Non-fiction I think. Something historical or biographical perhaps.

4. ...ran a school, what would you teach?

I think it would be cool to teach kids how to deal with bullies and assholes in school. Try to help them be empowered by their own skills and abilities. I think that the fucked up social stuff that happens in schools does too much damage to too many kids. It's really really wrong.

5. ...recorded an album, what kind of music would be on it?

Probably pop music. I love a lot of things "twee" and "indie-pop" so I'm sure it would along that line.

No comments: