Friday, March 05, 2004

day off

It's my day off and I was up sorta early (which is okay with me). So far I've not done too much. Not sure exactly how much I will actually do or what. I'm half way thinking about going for a hair cut this morning but other than that, not much has popped into my head. It's raining really heavily right now, the weather is just crazy. In less than a week, almost all of our snow has disappeared. On the weekend, we had over 2 feet of snow in our back yard, now it's just tiny crusty bits of ice and grass. It's totally mild and lovely and it all happened really quickly. I'm sure we'll be paying for it later on but right now, it's tough not to just enjoy the global warming!

Anyway, once again, it's the Friday Five!! What was...

1. ...your first grade teacher's name?

Miss Porter. She was a foxy mama too. I remember that she had really long, straight, blonde hair and wore mini skirts and boots a lot. Pretty funky in a Catholic elementary school.

2. ...your favorite Saturday morning cartoon?

mmm...maybe The Groovie Ghoulies? Nope, it was definitely Josie & The Pussycats!! Yikes!! I know that I'd flip from show to show as a kid...at one time I loved the Archies, or Bugs Bunny (or The Jackson 5 cartoon -- fuck I'm old if I can remember that!).

3. ...the name of your very first best friend?

April. We're still in touch via family stuff (her folks are really good friends of my parents) but I'd not say that we're really friends anymore.

4. ...your favorite breakfast cereal?

Cheerios with lots of brown sugar on 'em and milk, lots of milk. My mum would almost NEVER let us have stuff like Lucky Charms or Frosted Flakes, even though we'd bug her like crazy.

5. ...your favorite thing to do after school?

Sad but true, watch TV, particularly repeats of the Brady Bunch or Gilligan's Island. In the spring we'd ride our bikes around after school but, for the most part of the school year it would be parking your butt in front of the boob tube.

No comments: