Saturday, March 27, 2004

Wow, I can almost breathe again and I actually slept 1/2 day decently last night.

Clearing one's nasal passages of massive snot blockages is highly underrated. Easy breathing is something that I know that I take for granted far too much. The past 5 days have been unpleasant at best but the worst of it is now passed I think. Mark seems to be getting it now but I doubt very much that his dose will be as nasty as mine. The reason I say this is because I've got a history of bronchial trouble (since about 1994 when I had bronchitis for the first time) and now, whenever I get a cold, it ends up in my chest and I get this disgusting cough.

I'm into the coughing phase right now. The cough always comes on the end of the cold, when I'm starting to feel better. Unfortunately, the cough kills my throat and leaves me with one of those Brenda "I eat playtex tampons" Vaccaro voices. I sound much sicker than I actually am.

By Monday I'm sure I'll be as good as new and will definitely be back to work. I missed 2.5 days this week and couldn't really afford to miss. I mean, it's not about the money because I get paid when I'm sick, it's just the workload is insane right now. I figured though, if I was there and trying to work when I was feeling as yucky as I was, I'd just be fucking stuff up and would have redo it all next week anyway so, why bother. Also, my desk is located dangerously close to a large photocopier and I know that the fumes I was breathing in were not helping me too much.

By the way, just in case you were wondering, the no-name tissue with lotion are just as good as the Puffs brand. I've gone through about 3 boxes of them this week and could not tell the difference!

No comments: