Friday, April 18, 2003

It's so nice to have a Friday off. Mark took the day off too so we're gonna bum around the house together (Yay!).

Here's this week's edition of the Friday Five:

1. Who is your favorite celebrity?

I don't think that I have one. I have favourite actors or musicians but I don't really like a lot of the true "celebrity" types. The folks I really like are mostly artists.

2. Who is your least favorite?

Celine Dion, followed closely by Shania Twain. As a Canadian, I'm ashamed that they are associated with my country. They are not representative of the Canadian music scene in any way. In fact, they don't even live here anymore. I think that they are both talentless skanks and can't stomach either one of them (either seeing photos of them or hearing them "sing" -- if that's what you want to call it).

3. Have you ever met or seen any celebrities in real life?

Lots and lots. I used to work in radio and I have travelled a fair bit and it seems like I've seen a lot of famous folks while away from home. Notable sightings: Kurt Russell at Pearson Airport (looking rather disheveled first thing in the morning), John Goodman on Decatur Street in New Orleans (looking rather drunk), Atom Egoyan in my office (looking dapper, he was receiving an honourary degree) and Marvin Hamlish in the Carnegie Deli in NYC. I've met a tonne of musicians, authors and actors but they are more of the "artist" rather than actual "celebrity" category. I have also met a lot of political types. Probably the most famous person I ever met and spent time with Dr Carl Sagan. He was a wonderful, inspirational man and was very generous with his time.

4. Would you want to be famous? Why or why not?

If it happened, I would accept it. I would prefer to become famous because I did something really wonderful and useful which helps people and not because someone pants me while I was meeting the Prime Minister or something.

5. If you had to trade places with a celebrity for a day, who would you choose and why?

I can't think of anyone in particular but it would be interesting to walk around in the shoes of an actress who was working on a film. I'd be really interesting to see how much work they actually have to do (I know how much work the crew has to do as friends of mine are in the industry) in a film.

No comments: