Tuesday, April 15, 2003

I didn't have much to say yesterday. It was Monday, I was sort of tired. It was Mark's birthday though so we had a nice dinner out with his dad last night.

Today is Tuesday, again, and here is the "This-or-That-Tuesday" again:

1. File taxes as early as possible, or wait until the last possible minute?
I almost always wait until the bitter end (which, in Canada is April 30).

2. File electronically, or mail paper forms?
Traditionally mail paper forms but this year we are using E-File.

3. Prepare your own taxes, or have someone do it for you?
Always do it myself.

4. Are you a saver or a spender?
A spender.

5. Do you prefer to carry cash, or pay with plastic (credit/debit cards), or by check?
Debit cards. I don't know where my check book is to be honest.

6. You're broke and desperately need a job, but the only places that are hiring are retail or fast food places. Which would you pick?
Retail. I have worked in retail before and it wasn't the most hideous job I've ever had.

7. Keeping track of your money: are you more meticulous or careless about it?
Absolutely meticulous. I always know, to the penny, how much we have in each of our accounts.

8. What do you do if you find yourself with a lot of change weighing down your purse/pocket/wallet? Do you try to spend it to *get rid of it*, or do you put it in a jar or a piggy bank?
We have a jar at home and we roll it up. Those twoonies and loonies can quickly add up to some serious money.

9. Which form of fake money do you like better...Monopoly money or those chocolate coins covered with gold foil?
Monopoly money, I like the feel of the bills.

10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You find a wallet containing $5,000 in cash, as well as several credit cards and the owner's drivers' license. Your rent is due tomorrow and you're short $200. Do you take the money (some or all of it) and mail back the wallet anonymously...or do you return the wallet with all contents intact?
I would return the wallet with all contents intact.

No comments: