Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Is She Really Going Out With Him

It might be possible that "Pretty girls out walk'n with gorillas on my street" is one of the best opening lines of a song, ever.

I don't say that lightly, there are a lot of songs out there with great opening lines but there is just something about that one, I just love it. I just love this song.


Anyway, in honour of that great line, I'm sharing a great live version of Joe Jackson, performing his 1980 hit, "Is She Really Going Out With Him" for Way Back Wednesday this week. I have shared a few Joe Jackson songs over the past couple of years and I'll probably continue to do so because he's fantastic. He's both a super song-writer and a terrific performer. 

This version of "Is She Really Going Out With Him" is a live performance on a Dutch television show, Countdown. 

Happy hump day kiddos, hope you enjoy this xo

Look over there! (Where?)
Here comes Jeanie with her new boyfriend
They say that looks don't count for much
If so, there goes your proof

No comments: