Friday, September 04, 2020

Isolation Friday - Sandpaper

The Vicious Cycles - Sandpaper
Happy Friday kids. The last Friday of the summer, which feels kind of weird. How was your pandemic summer? I spent a total of 4 weeks over the summer in quarantine due to travel between Ontario and BC. Quarantine is annoying but necessary and a small price to pay to get to spend some time with my lovely guy this summer. Even though I felt very safe traveling (by air) this summer, I knew that there was some risk involved. No one asked/told me to self-isolate after flying but I felt like it was the right thing to do.

As you know, I've been enjoying a lot of the quarantunes that have been released over the past few months. For Isolation Friday this week, I'm sharing an awesome tune by The Vicious Cycles, "Sandpaper." Listening to it, you'd never know that they weren't all together when it was recorded. 

Also, in case you didn't know, today is Bandcamp Friday so go check out The Vicious Cycles and spend some cash! Your favourite artists will receive all of the cash from the sale of their merch today so help 'em out and treat yourself to some new tunes. 

Even though Ontario is in Phase 3 and kids are heading back to school, many of us are still keeping things going as we did back in a Phase 1 or Phase 2. This song is SUPER relatable to most folks, no matter what the stage. Our lives have changed in weird ways and while I get that these changes are necessary, some of them still feel odd.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy "Sandpaper." It's a kick ass song and the video is mega-fun. Happy Labour Day weekend kids and remember, help keep that curve flat - wear your masks and wash your hands!! xo

Sandpaper, on top of my Knuckles
Empty cupboards and tight belt-buckles
Ain't nothin doin at the local grocer
I can't go out and you can't come over


No comments: