Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - week of September 1

Happy September folks.


I would have never thought that I'd still be working from home when I left the office on March 16 but here I am... in my home office on September 1.

I'm sure for those of you who have kids heading back (possibly) to school, this already angst-ridden time we find ourselves in is feeling a bit more... just more yucky. 

As I mentioned last week, over the summer, we listened to a lot of music from the sixties and seventies. The Kinks were in sort of heavy-ish rotation so I thought that I'd share a cover of one of their songs today. This song is about finding a spot where you feel safe and just hanging out. Sort of appropriate for these times I think.

Today's cover song is "Waterloo Sunset" and I hope you enjoy this lovely live performance on BBC Radio 2 by First Aid Kit from 2014. 

stay safe kids xo

Millions of people swarming like flies 'round
Waterloo underground
But Terry and Julie cross over the river
Where they feel safe and sound
And they don't need no friends
As long as they gaze on
Waterloo Sunset
They are in paradise


No comments: