Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - My Love

Wings - My Love

This week is sailing by quickly so I'm going to keep this short.

As you know, on Wednesdays, I share an older song. Typically one that is 20 or 25 years old, or older. Today's Way Back Wednesday song is quite a bit older than that.  "My Love" was the first single from Wings' 1973 album, Red Rose Speedway. 

Recently, I gave a listen to a Wings greatest hit playlist I found and was pleasantly surprised by how happy these songs made me. Wings were all over the radio when I was a kid and while many of their songs were ear-worm inducers (I'm looking at you "Jet"!!), "My Love" is a sweet and moving tribute to a beautiful love. Also, no one ever wore mullets better than Wings!!

So yeah, I'll not say more than that. I hope you all enjoy it and are lucky enough to have (or have had) someone like the person Paul sings about in this tune, in your life. 

Stay safe and healthy xo

Don't ever ask me why
I never say goodbye to my love
It's understood
It's everywhere with my love


No comments: