Thursday, September 24, 2020

CanCon Thursday - Your Daddy Don't Know

So it's turning into a bit of an eighties week around here.
Get it on Credit

For CanCon Thursday, I'm sharing a song today from the early 80's by "Toronto" (from their third studio  album, "Get it on Credit"). I almost shared this for "Way Back Wednesday" but changed my mind.

"Your Daddy Don't Know" was a big-ish hit in Canada and even managed to crack the US pop charts. It's probably their best known song and I love the way Holly Woods sings. I remember seeing Toronto in the early 80's here in Kingston, in the Memorial Centre (back when they still had concerts there). I would have been 14 or 15 at the time. We went to a lot of shows at the M Centre because it was probably one of the very few places for all ages (and general admission) shows.

Unlike "Our Lips Are Sealed," while I still enjoy this song, I think it sounds really dated. That's not entirely a bad thing, nostalgia is fun, in small doses.

Enjoy and stay safe, wash your hands, wear your mask xo

So shake it up
Turn it on
Shake it up
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah


No comments: