Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - When Smokey Sings

 It's Wednesday already. As it's Way Back Wednesday, I'm going to share a little 80's gem with you today. ABC's "When Smokey Sings" from their 1987 album "Alphabet City."
ABC - Alphabet City
This was a HUGE hit that summer. I remember listening to it a lot. That summer was memorable for me as I started my first real job after college and was getting my own apartment. Lots of exciting changes, so much fun.

Anyway, lots of exciting changes are happening now too, in that regard, I feel a little like I did back in 1987.  Very happy to be looking forward to good things. I know we're still in a pandemic but you can find joy in the places you least expect to.

So, enjoy Martin Fry's beautiful voice and have a bop around the house to "When Smokey Sings."
Happy hump day kittens xo

Elegance in eloquence for sale or rent or hire
Should I say yes, I match his best
Then I would be a liar
Symphonies soothe the rage
When lovers hearts catch fire


No comments: