Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - week of September 29

Happy Tuesday folks.

They Don't Know

As it's Tuesday, I'm sharing a cover with you today. Today's cover is a song I've shared before. Back in 2017 I shared a version of today's song which was performed by The Sweptaways

Today, I'm sharing a much better known version of the Kirsty MacColl classic, "They Don't Know." Kirsty originally released the song in 1979.

Tracey Ullman had a reasonably sized hit with it when she recordedit back in 1983. Of course, the video for it is brilliant and it was released during the height of Much Music / MTV Craziness. I remember it being in high rotation on the Nation's Music Station at the time. Having Paul McCartney show up in a cute cameo made folks notice it I'm sure. I hope you enjoy this as much I do. It's a super song, it's catchy as hell and is so much fun.

Stay safe kiddos xo

I get a feeling when I look at you 
wherever you go now I want to be there too
They say we're crazy but I just don't care
And if they keep on talking
Still they get nowhere

No comments: