Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Being With You

Smokey Robinson - Being With You

Last week's "Way Back Wednesday" song was an 80's gem about Smokey Robinson (When Smokey Sings), this week, I'm sharing another 80's gem by the amazingly talented Smokey Robinson.

Released in 1981 on the album of the same name, "Being With You" is a sweet soul song which got to number 5 in Canada on the adult contemporary charts. It's been a guilty pleasure of mine for a long time (it wasn't too cool back in 1981 but I liked it all the same). For some reason, the song popped into my head over the weekend and I proceeded to listen to it a bunch of times, on repeat. I really love when that happens, when you can't shake a song out of your head so you just jump in with both feet and try to overdose on it. Anyway, for that reason, and because the smoke from the California / Oregon / Washington fires has made it way to Ontario, I'm sharing a Smokey song today (and it's slightly schmaltzy '80's video).  

Enjoy and stay safe, please xo

I don't care what they think about me, and
I don't care what they say
I don't care what they think if you're leaving
I'm gonna beg you to stay


No comments: