Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - week of September 21

Today is Tuesday and regular readers here know that I like to share cover tunes on Tuesdays.
our lips are sealed


The song I'm sharing today is sort of a cover but sort of isn't. Confused? Let me explain.

Today's song is "Our Lips Are Sealed" which was co-written by Jane Wiedlin (of the Go-Go's) and Terry Hall (of The Specials, Fun Boy Three, The Colourfield, etc...). In the Go-Go's documentary, Jane Wiedlin tells the story about how she met Terry Hall when they toured with the Specials. When she got back to America, he sent her the lyrics for "Our Lips Are Sealed" and she wrote the music. I'd say that was a fabulous collaboration - it's such a great song. It was first recorded for the Go-Go's 1981 album, Beauty and the Beat. The version I'm sharing today was recorded by Fun Boy Three in 1983. It was a hit for both bands and is a beautiful 80's gem that still seems fresh today, almost 40 years later.

I hope you enjoy the song and the video (I LOVE this video!!)...

Stay safe kittens xo

Can you see them?
See right through them
They have a shield
Nothing must be revealed


No comments: