Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Song 2

Happy Wednesday kids.

As it's Wednesday, I'm sharing an older song with you.  It's a bit hard to believe it but today's Way Back Wednesday song is 22 years old.  Yikes.  Makes me feel super old to see that typed out.  Wasn't it just 1997 like, not that long ago?

Back in the mid-1990's, we amused ourselves with the Blur vs Oasis thing.  I was always on team Blur, never really got into Oasis.  The music was okay but I found the shenanigans of the Gallagher brothers beyond annoying and it actually distracted me from their music.  The day I realized that the whole thing was out of hand (Blur vs Oasis) was when it made it into an episode of Coronation Street.  Des Barnes got into it (in a very sweet and funny way) with the daughter of his girlfriend. Years later, I still occasionally listen to those old Blur songs and have found that they have stood the test of time... in my opinion anyway.

So, today, I'm sharing with you, Blur's 1997 grunge parody, Song 2.  It's a foot stomper so be warned, feet will be stomped while you listen to this song.

I got my head checked
By a jumbo jet
It wasn't easy
But nothing is, no

enjoy xo


No comments: