Friday, March 08, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Sisters Are Doin It For Themselves

Today is International Women's Day.

When I was in 6th Grade, I had a t-shirt that had a Charlotte Whitton quote on it, “Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.”  Thinking about that now, 40 years later, it's frustrating to me that the quote still holds true in a lot of places.

Despite my frustration, I'm taking today to celebrate my sisters.  They are beautiful, fierce, powerful, courageous, confident, talented, kick ass women who get up every morning and make the world a better place to live in.  I'm a better woman for having them in my life, they inspire me, make me smile, support me and love me.  Thank you to all the women in my life, I love you all and am so very grateful for your friendship.

In honour of women everywhere, I'm sharing a song by two women with beautiful, powerful, incredible voices.  Here is Aretha Franklin with Eurythmics performing "Sisters Are Doin' it For Themselves" xo



No comments: