Thursday, March 07, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Just Like You

So, how is your week going?

Cold enough for you? Yeah, me too.  I don't remember it being this cold last March but maybe it was. Are you looking for something to warm you up?  Feel like dancing around in your socks to some pretty cheesy music?  Well, I have the tune for you.

Today is Thursday so I'm sharing a Canadian song.  This one is a lovely slice of 80's Fromage by FM... "just like you."  Unlike Tears for Fears, there is nothing timeless about this song or video.  It's so very very 80's.

I never had an opportunity to see FM in their heyday.  I'm pretty sure that when I was in high school they only played in bars here in town.  I did eventually get to see them, at the end of the 80's or beginning of the 90's, at Stages here in town.  It was an undersold show, I'm pretty sure we had free tickets.  Despite the poor attendance I remember the show being really good.  The guys in the band seemed to be having fun and didn't mind that the place was almost empty.  The few folks who were there had a great time too.

So, for no other reason than this is a good song to bop around to if you're cold and in need of a warm up, I'm sharing "Just Like You" with you...enjoy xo


No comments: