Thursday, March 28, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Tired of Waking Up Tired

This week I've had this song in my head every morning.

For unknown reasons, I've been sleeping like shit this week.  I may have figured out the reason and am working on sorting it out but at the moment, I'm still very much tired of waking up tired.

Yeah, that's right, for Cancon Thursday this week, I'm sharing a classic Canadian tune by Toronto's The Diodes. For those of you who may be too young to remember, the Diodes were formed in Toronto in the mid-70's at the Ontario College of Art.  When your first gig is opening for Talking Heads, you must be feeling like you're going places. It's interesting to note that at one point, they shared the cover of McLean's magazine with Wayne Gretzy and Conrad Black as Canadian's "we'll soon be talking about"

Without further adieu, I'm going to share "Tired of walking up tired" by the "Best Toronto Band. Ever." (honestly though, my favourite Toronto band ever is probably The Leather Uppers)

Enjoy kittens xo


No comments: