Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of March 12

I know that I cannot remember a time when today's song wasn't in my ear / head / life.  It's a classic song by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles.

The version I'm sharing today (because it's Tuesday so it's a cover today) is by The Beat.  I don't know exactly when I first was exposed to the Beat but I remember that the first few records I picked up of theirs were on cassette and lived in my walkman (yikes).  It was released in 1979 and this performance is from a January 1980 episode of Top of the Pops.

While I loved the original, this version is my favourite.  In fact, when I hear the song title, I automatically go to the Beat and not Smokey... my teenage brain was wired to associate it with the Beat.  Not a bad thing at all I would say.

So, because it's Tuesday and I'm still a bit foggy from the time change, I'm sharing The Beat and their version of "Tears of a Clown"

enjoy xo


No comments: