Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Police and Thieves

If I was a smart person or at the very least, paying attention, I'd be sharing this with you on a Tuesday as it is a cover.  It does, however, also fit the criteria for "way back wednesday" so I'm sharing it with you today.

As I mentioned yesterday, I've been slowly listening to the Chuck D Podcast on the Clash this week.  I've loved the Clash since I was a kid and, like most of you, was heartbroken when Joe Strummer passed away in late 2002.

On the first Clash album, they included a cover of the Junior Murvin song, "Police and Thieves."  I found a really sweet live version of it and thought I'd share it with you today.  It was recorded in 1980 so it definitely is old enough to be considered a "way back" tune.

Hope you enjoy it, happy hump day xo


No comments: