Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Way Back Wednesday - Somebody's Baby

Well kids, it's Wednesday so I'm going to share with you an older song.

Today's song is one that I liked when it was new and I still regularly listen to it, over 35 years later.  It's catchy and hooky and super sing-a-long-able (yeah, that's a word!).  It's Jackson Browne's "Somebody's Baby."  It was pretty popular during the summer of 1982.  Partly because of the catchy factor.  It seemed to be everywhere but in actual fact, I think it would just get stuck in your head.

The other reason it was so popular was the film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High."  The song was featured in the film and I don't know any teenagers who didn't see that movie.  Looking back at it, there was no way to guess that most members of the cast would go on to have long and successful careers in TV and movies.  I've been watching a show on Netflix recently called "ATypical" starring Jennifer Jason Leigh.  She really has aged wonderfully well and hasn't changed all that much from back in the Ridgemont High era.

Speaking of aging gracefully, Mr Browne himself is doing very well on that front too.  It's nice to see...and to hear.  I hope you enjoy this tune, it's well and truly stuck in my head for a while but I'm totally okay with that xo



No comments: