Friday, September 14, 2018

Not Guilty, Just Pleasure - All You've Got To Do Is Fall In Love

It's my belief that the folks who don't love Benji Hughes are just folks who haven't heard him yet.

I only recently stumbled upon his music (summer of 2017) and I instantly became obsessed with his "Songs In The Key of Animals" album (released on the awesome Merge Records in early 2016).  He's got a deep, unusual voice.  I guess you call his stuff quirky. In one article I read, they called it demented pop music.  Demented or quirky, whatever you want to call it, I think it's fab, I really enjoy it and as the months passed, I went looking for more of his stuff. 

The song I am sharing with you today, "All You've Got To Do Is Fall In Love" is (apparently) one of his better known songs.  I had no idea about that when I first heard it.  I just thought it was sweet and showcased his voice really well. The video for it is adorable, the cartoon version of Benji is pretty cute.  I hope you enjoy this, happy Friday kiddos xo


No comments: