Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Way Back Wednesday - Big Time

As I have mentioned here before, I turned 13 in 1980.  The music of the 1980's heavily influenced my musical tastes and I'm grateful for that.  Some of our hair style and clothing choices were, to say the least, unfortunate in retrospect but the music, it was good.

I learned about (and fell in love with) the Smiths, the Fall, the Cure, the The...you know, all of "THE" bands.  I also discovered solo artists who had previously been in successful bands in the 1970's but to my teen-aged self, were brand new.

Enter Peter Gabriel.  My first memory of him was from grade 7.  "Games Without Frontiers" was a very popular song with me and my friends.  Beyond that, I didn't know much about him, never really bothered to investigate further and basically forgot about him until he re-emerged on MuchMusic, a few years later.

This guy, Peter Gabriel.  Man, he gave GOOD video.  He was the shit.  Did it matter what the music was like? not really because video! "Sledgehammer," "Big Time" ...those are some classic videos right there, for the 80's and beyond.  It's hard not to enjoy them.  They are truly awesome.

Today, for Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing Peter Gabriel's video for "Big Time" just because I didn't want share both so I picked the first one, alphabetically.  Enjoy this one kittens, it's way fun! xo


No comments: