Friday, September 07, 2018

Not Guilty, Just Pleasure - September Fades

A few weeks ago, I started seeing things promoting songs by Ralph.

I love Ralph.  I used to subscribe to his beautiful zine back in the 1990's and enjoyed his jazz / beat poetry records.  Ralph Alphonso is a fantastic, creative, lovely person and I was so excited to learn that he had a new record out.

I clicked through on a link to a song by Ralph and was pretty surprised.  I saw a photo of a cute, blonde, 20 something woman.  My first instinct was to just ignore it and go listen to "I Love you Baby, but you gotta stop wearing those ugly shoes."  Instead I listened to a song called "Tables Have Turned" by this feminine Ralph.  I was surprised by how much I like it.  She had a fantastic voice and when I read her bio, I discovered that she was a Toronto gal and that she had a new album coming out soon.

As you know if you read my blog regularly, I'm a sucker for a good pop song.  I'm not ashamed to admit that either.  Ralph's got plenty of excellent pop songs.   She's not over produced like some folks, in fact, I heard a couple of acoustic versions of her songs and they are absolutely lovely.  I found out that she's coming to Kingston later in the year (in December at the Mansion) so I grabbed some tickets.  I'm looking forward to seeing her perform. 

In the meantime, I'll be happy to listen to fun songs in my headphones while I'm busy at work.  She also gives great video.  Don't believe me?  Check out her video for "September Fades" and let me know what you think about this "new to me" artist and the video xo

No comments: