Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of September 25

It's a dark and rainy Tuesday morning here in Kingston.

It's okay though, it's sunny in my head, well in my ears anyway.

If it's Tuesday, you know I'm sharing a cover with you.  Back in the mid-1990's, and I've written about it here before, an amazing compilation was released.  It was entitled, "If I Were A Carpenter" and it was a tribute to the best sister and brother duo ever, The Carpenters.  I've shared songs from that compilation here before.  Today I'll share another.

I'm sharing this particular song as I've been thinking about this band a lot recently.  My brother was clever enough to schedule his vacation while this band was on tour.  He got to see them play last night and by all accounts, it was an incredible experience.

This clip makes me laugh because whoever put it out felt it was necessary to add closed captioning to it.  As if we didn't all know the words already!! C'mon, it's the Carpenters!!  Well, actually, it's Shonen Knife (yes!! Shonen Knife!!) performing "Top of the World."  Just try and have a dark morning with this in your ears.

Enjoy kiddos xo


No comments: