Thursday, September 06, 2018

CanCon Thursday - Strawberry Blonde

When I paused to think about how long exactly it was that I've been a fan of Ron Sexsmith, the first thing that went through my head was "a pretty long time." More specifically than that, it's well over 20 years.  Personally, I think he's a genius.  His writing is remarkable and he's a true Canadian legend.

Admittedly, over the years, I've only had a couple of opportunities to see him perform.  He's a terrific live performer, his records are wonderful and if you're not already familiar with him, I suggest that you jump in deep, with both feet, into his catalogue and be prepared to fall in love.

For CanCon Thursday, I'm going to share with you a video from the 1990's for the lovely "Strawberry Blonde."  Enjoy kiddies xo


No comments: