Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - Week of September 18

When Toni Braxton was burning up the charts, I was not paying attention to her.  I was into stuff which was very different from her particular thing.  She's got a fantastic voice, in the years between when she was a very big deal and now, I've become familiar with a couple of her songs.

Around the time she was a big deal, her song "Unbreak My Heart" just seemed to be everywhere.  It was hard to go pretty much anywhere without hearing a snippet of it, in the mall, from a car stereo.  I even recall attending Canadian Music Week one year with my friend Jane.  I had been invited to participate in a panel on campus radio and we had some time to wander around the exhibition hall.  At one booth, we received a gift that keeps on giving, a kazoo.  For no apparent reason, Jane started playing "Unbreak My Heart" on her kazoo and it was just about the best thing I had ever heard.

Fast forward a few years (more than a few) and Weezer releases their version of this, by now, classic Toni Braxton song.  I invite you to listen and enjoy, and play along with your kazoo, "Unbreak My Heart."


No comments: