Thursday, September 27, 2018

CanCon Thursday - Small Minds

Once again, it's time for me to share some Canadian Content with you.  This time, I'm sharing another local gem, Vera Sola.

The first time I had heard anything about her was a few weeks ago.  I received a notification that she would be appearing at the Grand Theatre to open up for the Barr Brothers.  I looked her up and found a version of her song "Honey and Peaches" (performed with the Aster Quartet) and was immediately taken with her voice. 

I was fortunate enough to have tickets for the Barr Brothers show (and that was amazing but that's a story for another time).  As promised, Vera Sola opened up for them and she was captivating.  Her voice is spellbinding and she's just a fantastic guitar player.  All of her songs were performed with just an electric guitar.  Her performance on Friday evening gave me goose bumps at times.  She had a few things for sale at the merch table after the show so I picked up a couple of 7"'s.  In November, she's releasing a full length record and I'm looking forward to hearing that. 

The video I'm sharing with you today is for a song called "Small Minds." For those of you who reside in Kingston (or who have taken a very popular tour over the last couple of years), you'll recognize our very own Kingston Pen appearing in the video.  Enjoy and keep an ear out for Vera Sola kiddies xo


No comments: