Wednesday, April 04, 2007

what up syd?


meet syd
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
betta fish have minds of their own. I don't think that they are stupid like some folks would have you believe. our betta, syd, definitely has a personality and a stubborn streak.

he's been sulking for a few days. at first we thought that his tank needed cleaning. mark cleaned it. then we thought that water wasn't warm enough, we turned up the heater. then we figured that maybe his food was stale, we bought new stuff last night.

I still can't tell if he's eating. everything I read and the fish people I talk to say that he's okay, he looks good. he's just in a pissy mood.

still, it bothers me. after dr. zoidberg died suddenly last fall, I am really cautious around syd. our goldfish, I don't worry so much about but him, I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very protective of Mister Fiyero, my Siamese. After going through Hurricane Katrina together and loosing his sister shortly after, that boy is spoiled!