Wednesday, April 25, 2007

free lunch

Don't ever let anyone tell you that this is no such thing as a free lunch. Today, I had a free lunch! The directors in our office sent all of us admin types downtown, to a nice waterfront hotel, for a slap-up meal. It was such a nice treat. We also were given flowers and some chocolate and entered into a draw for a shopping spree / spa day / night in nice waterfront hotel. I don't think that I will win but it's nice all the same.

Ordinarily, I eat a sandwich and some raw carrots at my desk so to actually get out of the office for a couple of hours was very nice. I really enjoyed catching up with "the girls" from the other functional units of our department. It's a big place, I think we have about 120 people in total in our area so there were about 20 or so admin types at lunch.

Of course, tonight, because we had a bit meal at lunch (salmon, it was delicious!), I'm not overly hungry for dinner but I promised to cook all the same. I hope Mark doesn't mind something vegetarian-ish for a change.

No comments: