Friday, April 27, 2007

awkward


our backyard
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
It is amazing, although not entirely surprising, how much work you can get done when you don't have any meetings booked. Both yesterday, and today, I did not have any meetings so I was actually able to be at my desk, getting stuff done. It's a nice feeling, starting the weekend knowing that I've crossed so many things off of my "to-do" list.

Getting stuff done aside, today was a little odd. One of my co-workers has been a contract / mat-leave replacement and today was her last day. Because of one thing and another, I was the only person in the office with her all day. I felt kind of bad for her because the one woman she's particularly close with was out at a training session all day. This person, the one who is leaving, is very creative and I'm sure she'll have no problem finding something else but, it was really sad all the same. Not to mention, it was awkward too because, again, it was just me there all day.

We're definitely shopping for a barbecue tomorrow. We've been through the flyers and found the one we think we want. Of course, we want to check out 2 or 3 other stores but I have a feeling that we'll end up with the one we've picked from the flyers. Mark' s really looking forward to cooking on a grill that is actually working properly. I'm looking forward to not seeing flakes of barbecue all over the deck from where it's literally falling apart!

No comments: