Tuesday, April 24, 2007

hey dad, happy birthday!


summer sky
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
hey!!

Today is my dad's birthday. He's 65 today and, "officially" an old fart! Many folks would be retiring at 65 but dad took early retirement a few years ago so he's well practiced in the art of retirement. He often jokes that he needs to go back to work to have a day off. But I don't know if I really I believe that. I'm sure my mum would let him have a day off if he asked really nicely!

We popped by my parents' place after work for a visit and a piece of cake. It was nice to see them. On Easter weekend, we were there for lunch but I wasn't feeling all that great so we cut the visit short. I find that in the spring and summer, we tend to see them more often. It's not like they live a million miles away but in the winter, we just don't go far at all. Anyway, my dad's not one who likes to be made a fuss about but I like to at least see him face to face on his birthday, when I can.

No comments: