Friday, February 04, 2005

the long and winding week

Last night, at dinner, for no good reason I can think of, I started singing "half a woman" to Mark (you know how it goes..."They called him Great Scott, because he was great. They called her Great Susan, cuz she was his date. She climbed in a box, he cut her in two...and when he was through, she was just half a woman..."). How does shit like that get into your head? I have an overwhelming capacity to remember seemingly insignificant crap and yet, when I got home tonight and went into the bathroom to wash my hands, I couldn't remember taking my ring off and putting it away. I freaked out thinking I'd lost it all the way back to my bedroom. Of course, the ring was safe and sound, right where it should be. Funny huh??

The week's been brutal. The pace was quite insane earlier in the week. Today, not so bad. Of course, the sunshine and warmer temperatures help in a big huge way. I'm pretty pooped right now but that's Friday for you, isn't it? Mark's working all weekend so I'm not sure if we'll be making it to Million Dollar Baby or not. Hotel Rwanda also started playing here (finally) and I really want to see that too. Not sure what will happen yet, time will tell.

This weekend's all about catching up. I have a crap load of stuff to do around the house and I have a mess of emails that need tending too as well. The only thing I can guarantee is that the laundry will get done. Come hell or high water, the laundry always manages to get itself done.

Happy weekend folks!

One thing that made me smile today: Pavement. I've been re-visiting my copy of Slanted & Enchanted: Luxe & Reduxe today. It's a lot of fun!

No comments: